July 31 - (The Global News Desk 115) -Baluchistan government said that a coal mine
explosion in Baluchistan province has buried at least 34 miners alive, while
hopes of rescuing any survivors are diminishing.
The massive explosion rattled a coal mine in the Sorange region on Thursday, a remote area near Quetta.
Early Friday, the Provincial Disaster
Management Authority reported, "We have retrieved 31 bodies to date. Our
rescuers have identified three additional bodies within the mine and are
working to retrieve them."
He said that, more than 12 hours after the
accident, workers for the authority and other rescue workers are still looking
for the trapped miners, but it's very unlikely that they will find any survivors.
Previously, the chief inspector of mines in
the province said that at the time of the explosion, there were 36 miners
inside.
senior mining official in the region
indicated that two nearby mines were damaged in the powerful explosion.
In Pakistan's coal mining industry,
especially in Balochistan, accidents are common because many mines lack
adequate ventilation, gas monitoring systems, and other basic safety measures.

Comments
Post a Comment
shujaatabbasi15@gmail.com